GENERAL LIBRARY POLICIES
Please take a moment to review the following library policies.
To maintain a quiet study atmosphere for all students, turn cell phones off or set to vibrate when you are in the library. You may use the lobby areas for calls.
Food and Drink Policy
Please help us preserve the Cooley Library collections and facilities.
- Eating is not allowed in the library. Violators will be asked to dispose of their food immediately or leave the library. Repeat offenders will be reported to the Associate Dean of Students and/or have their library privileges revoked.
- You may drink from any covered containers with a cap or lid.
- Types of containers not allowed include:
- Open cups or mugs
- The library staff reserves the right to approve or disapprove of any questionable beverage container.
- If you observe a spill, please notify a library staff member.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed, even in approved containers.
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms may be reserved by currently enrolled Cooley students or by Cooley graduates who are registered in a Cooley sponsored bar preparatory course or other special program.
- Group study rooms are for the use of at least two or more persons. Only a group, or representative of a group, may sign out a room. Library staff enter the first and last names of all members of the group into the sign-up book. Room and group reservations are kept confidential.
- Individuals may take vacant rooms on a "first come, first served" basis, but individuals must always vacate for groups.
- Reservations are made for up to three hours per day per group. You may be assigned shorter times during high use times at the discretion of library staff.
- Reservations will be held until 10 minutes past the hour the reservation is to begin. After that time, the room may be taken by another group.
- All students using a group study room must leave their current student ID at the Circulation Desk when arriving for their scheduled room reservation.
- Do not move furniture from other areas of the library into these rooms, or switch chairs among them.
- During extended hours, currently enrolled students take priority over other categories of patrons.
- Laptops may be used anywhere in the library.
- Unless using a laptop at a wired carrel or table, laptops must be powered with a battery pack.
- Extension cords may not be used across walkways.
- Do not write, underline, mark in, or destroy library materials.
- The library reserves the right to rescind or change these rules and policies without notice.
- Persons failing to comply with library rules and policies may be asked to leave the library.
In order to maintain a pleasant learning environment conducive to studying, we request that all noise be kept to a minimum and discussions limited to essential matters.
- Please do not leave personal property, especially valuables such as purses, wallets, brief cases, or laptops unattended in the library. The library assumes no responsibility for patrons' personal property.
- Patrons may be asked to disclose the contents of their briefcases, portfolios, book carriers, etc., by a library attendant.
Photocopying and Printing
- Copies may be purchased with your student papercut account. Non-Cooley library patrons, may create a guest papercut account at one of the public library terminals and add value to their account via a credit card or PayPal. Printing at public OPAC terminals is restricted to five pages at a time with a 10 page maximum per use.
- All library patrons may use the book and document scanner at no cost to scan pages to email or download to a USB drive. Scanning to Google Drive works for both Cooley and private Gmail accounts.
- Requests for assistance with using the photocopier and scanner should be directed to the circulation or reference desks. The library is not responsible for maintaining and servicing machines.
- Scanning/copying is to be done in compliance with federal copyright laws.
We welcome your suggestions and questions about the library collection, services, and policies. Please visit our How Are We Doing? page here.
Library phones may only be used with staff permission.
- Cooley libraries study carrels and tables may not be "reserved" by leaving one’s belongings unattended. This includes times when you are in class or out of the building.
- The library reserves the right to remove your belongings if we believe they have been left unattended for an extended period of time.