UNIVERSITY OF CANTABRIA EXCHANGE PROGRAM
WMU-Cooley students have the opportunity to study at the University of Cantabria law school in Santander, Spain. The program provides participating students the opportunity to immerse themselves in comparative and international law. The courses are primarily taught in Spanish although there are some in English.
The University of Cantabria is in Santander, in the region of Cantabria in Spain. Santander is on the northern coast of Spain on the Cantabrian Sea, the coastal sea of the Atlantic Ocean with mountains inland.
WMU-Cooley J.D. students must have completed at least 27 credit hours, be in good academic standing, and have at least a 2.25 cumulative GPA to be eligible to apply.
Students interested in obtaining more information about the exchange program and the application process may contact the International Programs Office by telephone at (517) 371-5140 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
- U.S. Department of State: travel.state.gov
- U.S. Department of State: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- U.S. Department of State: Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts
- U.S. Department of State: Worldwide Cautions
- U.S. Department of State: Country Specific Information for Spain
The educational objectives for the WMU-Cooley Study Abroad program are:
1. Encounter other cultures and legal theory and systems
2. Attend legal courses that are international and comparative in focus
3. Participate in legal events that familiarize them with the legal system of the host country
4. Gain an international and comparative perspective of the law
5. Experience daily living in a different culture
Join our e-mail updates list
If you would like to receive information about our study abroad programs, please contact the International Programs office at [email protected]. Those on our e-mail list are the first to know about the program. They also receive very special program opportunities for current and future programs.