Distinguished Professor Emerita
B.S. University of Michigan 1973
J.D. Wayne State University 1977
A member of the WMU-Cooley Law School faculty since 1985, Professor Pasman-Green was the executive director of the Sixty Plus, Inc., Elderlaw Clinic from 1985-1991. In 1989-1990, she was a visiting professor at the University of San Diego School of Law in San Diego, Calif.
Before joining the faculty, Professor Pasman-Green spent seven years as a criminal appellate defense lawyer with the Michigan State Appellate Defender's Office. She also served in county government as executive director of the Washtenaw County Consumer Service Department, where she specialized in consumer law. Professor Pasman-Green also taught paralegals and served as a teaching assistant at the University of Michigan.
Professor Pasman-Green taught Remedies and Contracts, Professional Responsibility, Administrative Law, Property, Torts, Lawyering Skills, and Advanced Trial Advocacy.
Articles (Law Reviews & Law Journals)
- Nora J. Pasman-Green, Off the Roads & Out of the Courts: Enter a Technology Fix for Drunk Driving, 24 J.L. & HEALTH 217 (2011).
- Nora J. Pasman-Green & Alexis Derrossett, Twenty Years After Bowen v. Massachusetts -- Damages or Restitution: When Does It Still Matter? When Should It? 69 La. L. Rev. 749 (2009).
- Nora J. Pasman-Green & Ronald D. Richards Jr., Who is Winning the Collateral Source Rule War? The Battleground in the Sixth Circuit, 31 U. Tol. L. Rev. 425 (2000).
- Nora J. Pasman, The Conflict of "Conflict of Interest": The Michigan Example, 1995 Det. C.L. Rev. 133 (1995).
- Nora J. Pasman, The Public Interest Exception to the Employment-at-Will Doctrine: From Crime Victims to Whistleblowers, Will the Real Public Policy Please Stand Up? 70 U. Det. Mercy L. Rev. 559 (1993).
- Nora J. Pasman-Green, Cooley Committed to Technological Progress, Briefs (Ingham Cty. Bar Ass'n, Grand Ledge, Mich.), May 2000, at 7.
- Leonard Esquina Jr. & Nora J. Pasman, Proposal B and Its Effects: Much to Do About Good Time, 58 Mich. B.J. 28 (Jan. 1979).