DEAN EMERITUS AND DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR EMERITUS
B.S.C. Creighton University 1955
J.D. Creighton University 1963
LL.M. Georgetown University Law Center 1969
LL.D. Thomas M. Cooley Law School 1996
Professor Hey joined the Thomas M. Cooley Law School as Dean in July 1980 after having served as Deputy Dean at the University of Dayton and Associate Dean at Temple University Law School. He returned to the classroom as a full-time professor in June 1982.
He has taught at Wasbhurn University Law School and at Georgetown University Law Center. He was also the director for Cooley's first Toronto International Law Program, and taught in New Zealand as part of Cooley's Australia-New Zealand Foreign Studies Program. Internationally, Professor Hey was a Distinguished Visiting Professor of Law at Ramkambaeng University in Bangkok, Thailand, and visiting Professor of Law and Montevideo University School of Law in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Additionally, Professor Hey has served as a hearing officer of the Michigan Department of Public Health and frequently participates in health-related programs. He is a member of Who's Who in America, Who's Who in Education, Scribes and the Cooley Legal Authors Society.
Professor Hey’s area of expertise are Contracts, Sales and Negotiable Instruments, Torts, and Health Law.
- Hey, Keith J., "Assisted Conception and Surrogacy: Unfinished Business." 26 J MARSHALL L R 775 (1993).
- Hey, Keith J., "The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and the Uniform Commercial Code: A Survey of Warranty Protection in Consumer Sales Transactions," 2 U of DAYTON L R 233(1977)
- Hey, Keith J., "Report on Washburn Law School Study-Travel in Yugoslavia," 9 WASHBURN LJ 86 (1969).
- Hey, Keith J., "Remedies for Breach of Sales Contract Under the Code," 7 WAHSBURN LJ 35 (1967).
Books and Chapters in Books
- Hey, Keith J. with Howe and Navin. "Uniform Commercial Code" in VERNON'S KANSAS STATUTES ANNOTATED, St. Paul, Minn: West (1965).
- Hey, Keith J., ENGLISH FOR LAWYERS. Teaching materials, Ramkhamhaeng University Law School, Bangkok, Thailand (Summer 1997).
- Hey, Keith J. and Zevitz, Daniel, AMERICAN LEGAL INSTITUTIONS. Teaching materials, Ramkhamhaeng University Law School, Bangkok. Thailand (Summer 1997).
- Hey, Keith J., contributor to MODEL RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT. Chicago: ABA, April 1983, at 6.
- Hey, Keith J., contributor to MODEL RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT. Chicago: ABA, March 1983, at1.
- Hey, Keith J., contributor to MODEL RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT. Chicago: ABA, February 1983, at 4.
- Hey, Keith J., contributor to MODEL RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT. Chicago: ABA, January 1983, at 1.