Associate Dean of Library and Instructional Support, and Professor
B.A. Monmouth College 1985
J.D. Marquette University Law School 1988
M.L.S. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 1989
"The Library is so much more than just books. Our excellent study spaces, experienced reference librarians, and useful digital collections make it the place to be for success in law school."
I joined WMU-Cooley in 1995 as Head of Information Services for the law school library. I was named Acting Director of the library in 2002 and oversaw the dedication of the library in founder Thomas E. Brennan's name. I was named to my current post overseeing all aspects of the library operation in July 2002.
Before joining WMU-Cooley, I served as Head of Reference for Marquette University Law Library 1992-1995, Reference/Collection Management Librarian for Marquette University Law Library 1990-1992, Reference Librarian for the University of Miami Law Library 1989-1990, and Night/Weekend Supervisor at the Marquette University Law Library 1988-1989.
I have participated in numerous panels and presentations on law library-related issues, and have authored several articles. I have taught the electronic research component of Advanced Writing, advanced Lexis and Westlaw, and CD-Rom and Internet research since 1998.
- Duane Strojny, What Percent of Law Students Should Regularly Use the Library?, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (May 22, 2018) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/what-percent-of-law-students-should-regularly-use-the-library/
- Duane Strojny, The End of Technical Services, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Apr. 17, 2018) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/the-end-of-technical-services/
- Duane Strojny, Am I Efficient? How Well Do I Manage Time?, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Mar. 13, 2018) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2018-03-17/am-i-efficient-how-well-do-i-manage-time/
- Duane Strojny, The Teaching Librarians' Role, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Feb. 6, 2018) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/the-teaching-librarians-role/
- Duane Strojny, I Have a New Job!, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Dec. 6, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/i-have-a-new-job/
- Duane Strojny, It's All About Documentation, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Oct. 31, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/page/2/?s=strojny
- Duane Strojny, Help Others Seek Help, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Sept. 26, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/help-others-seek-help/
- Duane Strojny, Change is Good? Change is Good?, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Aug. 28, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/08/28/change-is-good-change-is-good/
- Duane Strojny, Effective Law Library Staff In-Services, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (May 23, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/effective-law-library-staff-in-services/
- Duane Strojny, Law Libraries Supporting Year-Round Law Schools, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Apr.25, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/law-libraries-supporting-year-round-law-schools/
- Duane Strojny, Not Another Meeting!, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Mar. 30, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/not-another-meeting/
- Duane Strojny, Taking Charge of Your Changing Role, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Feb. 28, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/taking-charge-of-your-changing-role/
- Duane Strojny, Assessing Management Skills: Am I a Good Manager? Or a Bad Boss?, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Jan. 31, 2017) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/assessing-management-skills-am-i-a-good-manager-or-a-bad-boss/
- Duane Strojny, Is Access to Lexis, Westlaw, and BloombergLaw Feasible?, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Dec. 8, 2016) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/is-access-to-lexis-westlaw-and-bloomberglaw-feasible/
- Duane Strojny, Do You Want It All?, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Nov. 3, 2016) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2016/11/03/do-you-want-it-all/
- Duane Strojny, The Law Library and The Bar Exam, RIPS Law Librarian Blog, (Oct. 4, 2016) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/the-law-library-the-bar-exam/
- Duane Strojny, A New Way of Law Library Management is HERE!, RIPS Law Librarian Blog (Sept. 6, 2016) https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/a-new-way-of-law-library-management-is-here/
- Duane A. Strojny, Student Learning Outcomes and Law School Assessment: A Practical Guide to Measuring Institutional Effectiveness, 108 Law Libr. J 474 (2016) (book review).
- Duane Strojny & Bryan van Pottelsberghe, Long-Distance Connection: Thomas M. Cooley Law School's New Florida Campus and Law Library, 18 AALL Spectrum, May 2014, at 23.
- Duane Strojny, Public Relations: Back to Basics - Attract Patrons With a Powerful Website, 14 AALL Spectrum, May 2010, at 8.
- Duane A. Strojny, What's Your Bacon Number, 13 AALL Spectrum, June 2009, at 7.
- Aletha Honsowitz & Duane Strojny, Heartbeat of the Law School, 9 AALL Spectrum, May 2005, at 14.
- Duane A. Strojny, Annual Report: A Culmination of the Year-long Planning Process, 5 AALL Spectrum, Mar. 2001, at 34.
- Duane Strojny, Law Office Confidentiality II, 64 Wis. Law., Dec. 1991, at 34 (video review).
- Duane Strojny, Understanding Bankruptcy, 64 Wis. Law., Dec. 1991, at 34 (video review).