Cooley Law School has a long history and mission of embracing a welcoming culture of diversity and inclusiveness. The law school stands firm in its belief that the study of law should not be an esoteric pursuit and that the practice of law should not be an elitist profession. Cooley was founded on the premises that an individual's formal knowledge of the law is beneficial to society as a whole and that the strength of a democracy depends upon the ability of people to understand their laws.
Preparing lawyers who truly reflect our society.
Diverse Student Body
The diversity of our student body creates a dynamic learning environment that enriches the educational experience and promotes careers of our graduates.
Listen to Cooley graduate and recent commencement speaker Joy Fossel, of counsel, Varnum Attorneys at Law, explain the critical importance of diversity in law school, in our legal community, and in our society. She describes her pride in the law school's efforts to cultivate diversity.
Cooley Law School is a collaborative community of students, staff, faculty, administration, and alumni who work together to create an educational experience that transforms students into respected members of the legal profession. Our Cooley Community reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, study, and work.
As members of the Cooley Community:
- We embrace and encourage opportunity, inclusivity, fairness, and equality.
- We approach challenges with creativity and a commitment to innovation.
- We foster respect, tolerance, collegiality, open communication, and collaboration.
- We strengthen society through leadership, service, and dedication to the rule of law.
- We operate as a unified law school with multiple campuses.
Cooley Ranks 20th in Number of Women Enrolled in Law School - Enjuris
Cooley Named Top 10 Law School for Ethnic Enrollment - Enjuris