The World’s Biggest Day of Generosity
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of radical generosity to transform communities and the world.
WMU-Cooley depends on the generosity of alumni, friends, faculty, and staff to achieve our mission of providing transformative practical legal education and service to our community.
Your support helps us provide:
Access to Affordable Legal Education
- 52% of students receive scholarships annually
- WMU-Cooley tuition is in the lowest 20% among private U.S. law schools
Support to Succeed
- The Academic Resource Center (ARC) provides one-on-one and small-group assistance, workshops, and related resources
- 3,000+ Externship Sites located around the world
- Bar prep courses, workshops, and coaching
Pro Bono Service
- 11,000+ student pro bono hours annually
- Innocence Project - Investigating claims of innocence on felony convictions.
- Public Defender Clinic - Students work on a variety of criminal cases (misdemeanors and felonies) and juvenile cases (delinquency, abuse, and neglect).
- Debt Relief Clinic - Students work with clients on consumer debt cases.
- 60+ Plus Elderlaw Clinic - Provides estate planning services to clients age 60 and over.
Diversify the Legal Community
- WMU-Cooley enrolls one of the most diverse population of law students in the United States
- 19-67 age range of students
- 61% women
- 41% students of color
On Giving Tuesday, November 30, 2021, we ask you to help us reach our one-day goal of $30,000 and attract 50 first time donors as we strive to cultivate a culture of generosity within our nation and within the WMU-Cooley community.
Please join us.