Cooley Law School Alumni
The Law School's Advancement and Alumni Relations Office provides support and resources to our more than 21,000 graduates. We are here to facilitate your connection to the Law School and to one another.
While we encourage all alumni to remain active members of the Cooley Law School community, we know Cooley graduates are busy people. This is why we provide numerous options requiring varying levels of time commitment for alumni to choose from as they look for ways to remain involved and connected to Cooley.
We invite you to choose those that fit your schedule and align with your interests.
- Benchmark - the school's alumni magazine. Click here to check out the most recent edition and see archived editions. To receive a printed copy of the magazine, please be sure we have your most up-to-date mailing address. Simply send an email to [email protected].
- Benchmark Column - our quarterly alumni e-newsletter. Be sure the Advancement and Alumni Relations Office has your preferred email address to make sure you receive the Benchmark Column.
- Alumni Association Membership - a great way to stay connected and involved with the school through volunteer opportunities, networking events, and student mentoring while also receiving a few nice benefits like discounts at the Cooley Bookstore and on tickets for some alumni/school events. Join the Alumni Association here
- Regional Networking Receptions - each year, a number of alumni networking receptions are held at various locations around the country with annual events taking place in Lansing, Tampa, Detroit, and Washington, D.C.. View the list of upcoming Networking events here
- Externship and Job Opportunities - one of the best ways Cooley graduates can assist the next generation of students is by providing an externship/internship opportunity for a current student or creating job opportunities for recent graduates. To learn more about serving as an externship site host, visit the Externship information site. To post a job or to learn more about how to support new graduates in launching their careers, please contact the Career and Professional Development Office.
- Annual Giving Campaign - Cooley relies on the support and generosity of alumni and friends to help ensure the school is able to continue to fulfill its vision of providing a legal education that is both as accessible and affordable as possible. All gifts, regardless of the amount, make a difference. Please make your online donation to the Law School here.