WMU-Cooley has admissions advisors who can help to expedite your law school application process and assist you throughout your law school experience. Contact our Admissions Office here.
WMU-Cooley is a Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency (MVAA) GOLD certified Veteran-Friendly School. The Michigan Veteran-Friendly School program recognizes academic institutions of higher learning committed to supporting the needs of student veterans and dependents.
Check out the three most critical issues:
- A handpicked list of 70+ scholarships for veterans and active duty servicemembers
- How to fill out FAFSA as a veteran and maximize your federal financial aid package
- A breakdown of the most common benefits available to veterans
Military and Recruiter Friendly
We offer an array of support to students with military service experience such as: academic advising, admissions guidance for testing, applications and disclosures, disability services, GI Benefits assistance, help with housing and relocation, student-life activities on and off campus, including miltary student organizations.
- Trained admissions and financial aid staff to assist with process
- Accommodations for reservists/active duty
- Leaves as needed for deployments
- Flexible scheduling options for students with full-time jobs and families
- Prior-service faculty to advise students
- Locations - in Michigan and in Florida
- Student Orgs for members of military
- Counseling services available in Michigan and Florida through Lawyers Assistance Programs.
- Objective admissions policies
- Award-winning, nationally recognized ethics and professionalism program
VA Financial Aid and Benefits
Begin the process of applying for the Department of Veteran Affairs educational benefits at the VA website here. Cooley can help determine if you are eligible for the Montgomery GI or Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) Post 9/11 education benefits.
- JAG, VA and Civil Service legal opportunities available
- Approved externship placements in active duty, National Guard and Reserve JAG offices
- Dozens of distinguished alumni serving or having served as JAG officers
- Faculty advisors with prior JAG experience
- Student Orgs for students interested in JAG careers
- On-campus JAG recruiting
- Military pro bono experiences available