UNIVERSITY OF Münster Exchange Program
Cooley students have the opportunity to study for a semester (typically during the summer) at the University of Münster. The student exchange program allows a limited number of students from Cooley to study at the University of Münster during any one year period. The semester provides participating students the opportunity to immerse themselves in international law. All the courses are taught in English.
We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic and will provide updates regarding a 2023 program.
The University of Münster, today called "Westphalian Wilhelms-University" (WWU), was established in 1780. The university is in Münster, Germany, in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia and bordering the Netherlands and Belgium. NRW is the country’s most populous state. It is the home to cities such as Cologne, Dusseldorf, and Bonn (Germany’s capital before unification with East Germany) as well as beautiful rural areas.
Münster is known as the city of Westphalian Peace, where part of the Peace of Westphalia was signed in 1648 ending the Thirty Years War. Münster claims to be the capital city of bicycles.
Cooley J.D. students must have completed at least 27 credit hours, be in good academic standing, and have at least a 2.25 cumulative GPA to be eligible to apply.
Students interested in obtaining more information about the exchange program and the application process may contact the International Programs Office by telephone at (517) 371-5140 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
- U.S. Department of State: State Travel Info
- U.S. Department of State: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- U.S. Department of State: Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts
- U.S. Department of State: Worldwide Cautions
- U.S. Department of State: Country Specific Information for Germany
The educational objectives for the Cooley Study Abroad program are:
- Encounter other cultures and legal theory and systems
- Attend legal courses that are international and comparative in focus
- Participate in legal events that familiarize them with the legal system of the host country
- Gain an international and comparative perspective of the law
- Experience daily living in a different culture
Join our e-mail updates list
If you would like to receive information about our study abroad programs, please contact the International Programs office at [email protected]. Those on our e-mail list are the first to know about the program. They also receive very special program opportunities for current and future programs.