You can apply to the Corporate Law and Finance, Homeland and National Security Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, Tax Law, or General Studies LL.M. Programs. NOTE: Applicant must have a J.D. or LL.B.
1. Click below to select and complete our online application.
COMPLETE THE JD/LLM JOINT DEGREE APPLICATION HERE
COMPLETE THE LL.M. GUEST APPLICATION HERE
Email supporting documents to [email protected]
- Personal statement indicating why you wish to pursue this degree
- Legal writing sample
- Letter of recommendation
- Undergraduate and JD transcripts (if not WMU-Cooley alumni)
2. Generally, applications are processed within two weeks of submission. You will receive an email notification if information is missing from your application. Otherwise, you will receive an email notification of our final decision.
3. International students: please apply through LSAC and submit your credentials for evaluation along with your TOEFL score. If you require a student visa, you must apply at least three months prior to the start of your expected entering term to provide time for processing.
To obtain additional information about the admission process or the application for the LL.M. program contact the Office of Graduate and Extended Programs by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at (517) 371-5140 ext. 2703.
U.S. Legal Studies (USLS) LL.M. Program
DOWNLOAD THE U.S. LEGAL STUDIES LL.M. PROGRAM APPLICATION HERE
The International Programs Office directs the U.S. Legal Studies program. Contact the LL.M. office at [email protected] for more any additional information about applying.
Contact the Office of Graduate and Extended Programs with any questions about deadlines.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition in the Graduate Program is $1,200 per credit hour. Guest students pay the same tuition rate. There is no application fee. A $25 non-refundable enrollment fee is charged to reserve a seat. WMU-Cooley charges a $20 non-refundable student activity fee each term. Tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice. Click here for more information about LL.M. tuition and costs of attendance.
Applicants who have questions regarding the availability of financial aid for LL.M. students should contact the Financial Aid Office at (517) 371-5140, ext. 2248.
Please contact the Office of Graduate and Extended Programs by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at (517) 371-5140 ext. 2703 for more information about housing.
Career and Professional Development Office
The Career and Professional Development Office provides a variety of specialized career counseling and services for Graduate Program students. Applicants who have questions regarding career services for Graduate Program students should contact the Career and Professional Development Office at (517) 371-5140, ext. 4109. Program directors are also actively involved in assisting students with job placement.
Guest (Non-Degree) Student Status at WMU-Cooley
A guest (non-degree) student may be admitted to WMU-Cooley's Graduate Program and earn up to eight credits. Click on the link for more information about non-degree guest student status.