The Law School presently operates in Florida under the name Thomas M. Cooley Law School. It has applied to the Florida Commission on Independent Education for permission to use the Western Michigan University name in Florida and hopes for approval in the fall of 2014.
- Where is the new Cooley campus in Tampa Bay?
- When do classes begin?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about attending the Tampa Bay campus?
- How do I file an application for the Tampa Bay campus?
- Who will work at the Tampa Bay campus?
- How many students will attend the Tampa Bay campus?
- Will students at the Tampa Bay campus be eligible for scholarships?
- Will the Tampa Bay campus offer on-campus housing?
The address is 9445 Camden Field Parkway, Riverview, FL, 33578 [view map]. It is located about 15 minutes east and slightly south of downtown Tampa.
Cooley will begin offering classes in Tampa Bay starting in May, 2012. Students who start in the May semester will be in our evening program. Students looking for daytime classes can start in September 2012 or January 2013.
Please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-371-5140 ext. 2244.
If you file an application through the LSAC website for the May 2012 semester or beyond, Tampa Bay will be listed as a campus preference.
Tampa Bay's faculty and staff will be largely comprised of experienced Cooley professionals who are relocating from Michigan to Tampa Bay to be a part of this exciting new endeavor. There will also be some staff members from the Tampa Bay area.
We anticipate that the Tampa Bay campus will eventually have about 700 students. The Tampa Bay facility is approximately 130,000 square feet - comparable to the size of Cooley's Auburn Hills facility.
Yes! Cooley's generous scholarship program for incoming and current students applies to students at all of Cooley campuses.
No. There are lots of housing options in the Tampa Bay area for students.