Terms-Off (Full-Time) Schedule
Students attend law school full-time for almost three years (32 months), attending classes two terms per year and receiving one term off per year.
This schedule is modeled after a traditional law school program, which allows students summers off for legal internships. Cooley's program offers entrance in January and May as well as the traditional September start date. Those starting in September will have summers off, while students beginning in January and May are off fall and winter respectively. There are five courses (15 credits) each term. This schedule allows for elective concentrations.
- Term 1: Introduction to Law, Contracts I, Property I, Torts I, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law I
- Term 2: ARC Skills Seminars (recommended), Contracts II, Property II, Torts II, Research & Writing, Constitutional Law II
- Term 3: Off
- Term 4: Personal and Professional Responsibility, Evidence, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure I, Business Organizations
- Term 5: Taxation, Civil Procedure II, Remedies, Electives, Choice of one: Pretrial Skills, Sales, or Administrative Law
- Term 6: Off
- Term 7: Wills, Estates & Trusts, Secured Transactions, Electives, Bar Preparation Course (recommended)
- Term 8: Advanced Writing, Electives, Bar Preparation Course (recommended)