Standard (Part-Time) Schedule
Attend law school part-time for three years (36 months).
This is Cooley's trademark schedule, designed to offer a manageable schedule for both working and nonworking students.There are four courses (12 credits) each term for the first year. During the second and third years, students take nine credits each term. The third year allows for elective concentrations. This schedule is also offered on weekends.
- Term 1: Introduction to Law, Contracts I, Property I, Torts I, Criminal Law
- Term 2: ARC Skills Seminars (recommended), Contracts II, Property II, Torts II, Civil Procedure I
- Term 3: Personal and Professional Responsibility, Research & Writing, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure II
- Term 4: Constitutional Law I, Taxation, Evidence
- Term 5: Constitutional Law II, Wills, Estates & Trusts, Business Organizations
- Term 6: Secured Transactions, Remedies, Choice of one: Pretrial Skills, Sales, or Administrative Law
- Term 7: Advanced Writing, Electives
- Term 8: Practice Bar Exam (recommended), Electives
- Term 9: Bar Preparation Course (recommended), Electives