Expanded Kalamazoo Course Offerings Planned - September 2017
Legal education now got more convenient. Begin classes on Western Michigan University's main campus in Kalamazoo, then transition to the WMU-Cooley campus of your choice in Grand Rapids, Lansing, or Auburn Hills, Michigan, or Tampa Bay, Florida.
Take advantage of a top public research university and all it has to offer – great facilities, libraries, music, sports, student recreation, and campus activities.
What's the Plan?
We plan to expand beyond 15 credits at Kalamazoo.
- WMU-Cooley will offer 15 credits at its WMU-Kalamazoo location beginning Fall 2017.
- WMU-Cooley is seeking approval from its accrediting bodies [American Bar Association (ABA) and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC)] to expand its program at the Kalamazoo location to 60 credits beginning Fall 2017.
- The American Bar Association has already conducted a site evaluation of the Kalamazoo location and issued a report.
- If the ABA approval is received without HLC approval in time for Fall 2017, the Law School will expand its program to 44 credit hours.
- All applicants selecting the Kalamazoo location will be eligible for financial aid. A separate request to the Department of Education is underway to offer financial aid for the full 60 credit-hour program.
WE WILL KEEP APPLICANTS INFORMED AS TO THE STATUS OF THIS NEW PROGRAM ON OUR WEBSITE AND BY EMAIL.
September 2017 Course Offering
Take 6, 9, 12 or 15 credits at the WMU-Kalamazoo Location
First 15 credits
- Torts I (3 credits)
- Contracts I (3 credits)
- Criminal Law (3 credits)
- Property I (3 credits)
- Constitutional Law I (3 credits)
- Introduction to Law (no credit - no cost)
- Professional Development Series I (no credit - no cost)
Enrollment & Student Services Office
2352 Friedmann Hall
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Phone: (517) 371-5140 ext. 5500
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday - 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Our curriculum is designed to help students master the knowledge, skills, and ethics needed to pass the bar exam and practice law successfully.
Course Descriptions (pdf)