Building Greatness from Within
We are very excited about the tremendous opportunities that our employee giving program offers. As is evident by the quality of service Cooley employees provide, we know that you feel a deep personal joy and satisfaction in helping others and those around you.
You have the opportunity to impact the lives of our students, and friends by giving to any of a variety of funds.
"Greatness from Within" encourages Cooley employees to be financial supporters and advocates for the law school.
Its primary focus is to enhance the academic mission of the school through generous financial donations. This campaign is designed to allow you to designate your gift to a specific fund of your choice or to the President's unrestricted fund.
Why should I donate?
A gift to Cooley helps further the mission of the institution to which we devote our professional lives each day.
Each of us receives many requests for charitable support. The decision to make a gift certainly is a personal one. Your gift helps demonstrate that those closest to Cooley believe in its mission and are willing to support it financially, thus employee giving is an extremely important component to the case for support that we make to those outside of the School.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes, your gift is tax deductible, as allowed by law.
May I designate my gift to a specific fund or use?
Yes, you may designate your gift either to an immediate use unrestricted fund or to one or more specific funds. Please refer to the Employee Pledge Card (pdf).
How will my gift be recognized?
As a donor, you will be recognized in the following ways:
- Your name will be listed under the respective gift club in our annual report in the Benchmark and on our Annual Donor Wall in the Cooley Center lobby. You may also choose to remain anonymous.
- You will be invited to donor reception to honor those who have provided gifts over the past year.
- Employees participating at a minimum of $3.85 per pay period ($100 annually) will receive a special recognition gift.
- Employees whose cumulative lifetime giving reaches $2,500 will be inducted into the Thomas M. Cooley Society and will receive all membership benefits.
What payment options are available?
Both single payments and equal installment payment plans are available. Please indicate your personal preference on the pledge form. (PDF).
- Personal Checks
- Credit card payment - minimum gift $50.00
- Payroll deduction - this popular option is a convenient and painless way to spread your gift throughout the year