VA Education Benefits Recipients
Begin the process of applying for VA educational benefits at the Veterans Affairs website. The website will provide detailed information regarding your eligibility of veterans benefits - www.gibill.va.gov.
Once you have applied with the VA and have been approved, please submit your "Certificate of Eligibility" letter to the Financial Aid Office at Cooley.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate.
How to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
1. Determine if you are eligible for the program.
2. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA office.
3. Submit Cooley's Yellow Ribbon Program application (pdf) to the Financial Aid Office.
Your Yellow Ribbon application will be processed on a first come first serve basis to determine eligibility in order to award available resources.
In order to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
1. You must be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill at the 100% rate to be considered.
2. Individuals on active duty are not eligible for this program per the Department of Veterans Affairs.
3. You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
4. You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.